80/90 Push Project
ITR Concession Company LLC (ITRCC) invested over $220 million to improve customer safety and provide a higher quality travel experience on the Indiana Toll Road. The 80/90 PUSH Project reconstructed more than 70 miles of pavement and made improvements to 53 bridges. The roadway is now safer, smoother and requires less routine maintenance.
The 80/90 PUSH Project:
- Reduces the level of maintenance work required in the future.
- Provides a smoother and safer road for improved travel conditions and lowers vehicle operating costs.
- Upgraded the ITRCC communications system to enabling faster and more efficient response to customer needs.
- Delivers state-of-the-art technology which improves safety and customer service.
- Generated 400 jobs and over $800M of economic activity in Indiana.
Click here for more info.
Travel Plaza Master Plan
ITR Concession Company LLC has finished its Travel Plaza Master Plan as of July 18 2018, which redefined the existing footprint and amenities offered to Indiana Toll Road travelers. This $70 million restoration plan included the demolition and rehabilitation of eight travel plaza buildings. The newly designed structures feature modern travel facilities with state-of-the-art technology and new restaurant options.
Sunoco is the sole operator of the Portage and Elkhart locations, which have been rebuilt into fuel and convenience stores. It also operates the new fuel stations at the Rolling Prairie and Howe locations, which have been rebuilt into full-service plazas with HMSHost operating and managing the restaurant facilities.