ITR Concession Company LLC (ITRCC) is committed to a safe experience for its travelers. In the case of any unforeseen emergency situations, here is some helpful information.
Indiana State Police
The Indiana State Police post for the toll road district is located off of exit 96 and the Elkhart East toll plaza. If you are in need of a State Trooper, you may:
- Contact any toll attendant
- Contact a Travel Plaza vendor
- Dial 911 from your cell phone
If you’re traveling and experience vehicle problems or other emergencies, please:
- Signal changing of lanes and pull off of the roadway, onto the shoulder
- Turn on your flashing hazard lights and raise your hood to signal distress
- Remain in your vehicle if you cannot quickly fix the problem
- If you have a cellular telephone, dial 911 for assistance
Please do not attempt to walk, hitchhike or stop other vehicles for help. A State Trooper or Toll Road employee will observe your distress signal and stop. Motor club service is available along most portions of the Indiana Toll Road upon request. For your protection, there is a 2-hour limit for all disabled vehicles.
Abandoned vehicles will be towed off of the Indiana Toll Road for protective custody.